Personal data means any information regarding an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The controller of your personal data is, as applicable, the law firm SCA Mărgărit, Florov si Asociații, headquartered in 3 Ipotesti Str., ground floor, Sector 4, 040178, Bucharest, Romania.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
WHEN DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- when you visit our website;
- when you request information from us or provide information to us;
- when you apply for work experience opportunity;
- when we conduct analitic research regarding our website.
THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE PROCESS
The personal data that we process may include:
- identity, contact and background information such as your full name, address, title, telephone number, email address, gender, business and personal, biographical and background information, information about your employer or business and/or information about your employees and officers, as relevant;
- financial information, including source of and net wealth, assets held, source of funds and bank account details;
- technical information, such as the number and frequency of visits you make to our website, your geographic location, your operating system and browser type and the search terms you use, which we receive via our technology tools, according to our Cookies Policy.
- marketing information such as your marketing preferences.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Personal Data
The legal grounds for our processing personal data about you under EU data protection laws are:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under a contract for legal services, our Legal Notices or other agreements with you or is necessary, for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example, to provide and update our services, to improve our services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our services, to communicate with you, to monitor and prevent any problems with our services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent, for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on, as described in our Cookies Policy.
PURPOSES FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide legal services;
- To provide acces to our services, for example, the information that our systems automaticaly collect (like web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information) are necessary in order to establish the connection to our website, improve the visitors browsing experience etc.;
- To further develop and improve our website, for example by adding new features that we think our visitors will enjoy or will help them use it more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how visitors interact with our services, which helps us improve our services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Mărgărit, Florov & Partners, which may result in us declining the use of our services;
- To communicate with you, for example through contact form or an email, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our services; and
- To personalize your experience using our services (for exemple, the mobile version of our website is served if our system detects that the visitor uses a mobile phone)
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
As a rule, your personal data shall not be disclosed to third parties. Nevertheless, if it is in your interest and only if this becomes necessary, we shall disclose the relevant personal data to the courts of law and to the arbitration commissions or relevant authorities, in the context of provision of the services you have requested.
PERSONAL DATA STORAGE PERIOD
Your personal data shall be stored during the validity period of the legal assistance agreement and afterwards, in accordance with our internal policies and legal obligations.
If the data are not stored based on a contractual relation, such data shall be kept as long as necessary in order to achieve the purpose of their processing pursuant to the applicable legal provisions.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
It is our policy to respect your rights under data protection laws and we will act promptly and in accordance with any applicable law relating to the processing of your personal data. These rights are to:
- request a copy of your personal data which we hold;
- the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- object to or restrict our use of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data based on the consent;
- the erasure of your personal data, when you withdrew your consent, the processing is no longer necessary, or such processing is unlawful;
- data portability which allows you to receive a copy of the processed data which we received from you or to share them with another entity nominated by you;
- withdraw your consent for the consent-based processing. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before consent withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, Mărgărit, Florov & Partners will no longer process your personal data and shall take the necessary measures to erase your personal data. Mărgărit, Florov & Partners may however process your personal data if there is another legal basis for such processing.
RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you wish to request further information about any of the above rights, or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data, please contact us using the following contact details:
SCA Mărgărit, Florov si Asociații, 3 Ipotesti Str., ground floor, Sector 4, 040178, Bucharest, Romania, email: email@example.com , tel: +4021 337 37 11.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you are entitled to file complaints with the National Data Protection Supervisory Authority of Romania.
We may update this policy at any time without notice; any changes will be notified to you using the email address you have given us and/or by an announcement on this website. Your continued use of this website, following the posting of changes to these terms, will mean you accept these changes.